John Kendrick's Photo Gallery

Home / Albums / Tag Gloucestershire /

5.093 Locomotive 4150

Scan-130815-0001tif+wm+bdr_1000w.jpg 5.090 Dungeon Door, St. Briavels Castle, LydneyThumbnails5.094 Blue Sheep5.090 Dungeon Door, St. Briavels Castle, LydneyThumbnails5.094 Blue Sheep5.090 Dungeon Door, St. Briavels Castle, LydneyThumbnails5.094 Blue Sheep5.090 Dungeon Door, St. Briavels Castle, LydneyThumbnails5.094 Blue Sheep5.090 Dungeon Door, St. Briavels Castle, LydneyThumbnails5.094 Blue Sheep


G.W.R. Large Prairie Tank locomotive number 4150

The locomotive is a G.W.R. Large Prairie Tank designed by G.J. Churchward and was built at Swindon Works in 1947. It entered traffic at Stourbridge Junction shed on June 5th that year. The loco was purchased from Woodham's Scrapyard at Barry in 1972 for £2,750 and is photographed here in May 1977 at Parkend on the fledgling Forest of Dean Railway just before it was moved to Bewdley on the Severn Valley Railway for restoration the following January. This work is still ongoing.

Author
John Kendrick
Created on
Created
Visits
2366
Miscellaneous
Who can see this photo?