John Kendrick's Photo Gallery

Home / Albums / Yorkshire / Scarborough / Scarborough in the 50's and 60's /

Engines of the M.V. Coronia

BQ7_Crosen-a_b.jpg Monkey Island, Scalby Mills, ScarboroughThumbnailsNorthway Bus Garage, ScarboroughMonkey Island, Scalby Mills, ScarboroughThumbnailsNorthway Bus Garage, ScarboroughMonkey Island, Scalby Mills, ScarboroughThumbnailsNorthway Bus Garage, ScarboroughMonkey Island, Scalby Mills, ScarboroughThumbnailsNorthway Bus Garage, ScarboroughMonkey Island, Scalby Mills, ScarboroughThumbnailsNorthway Bus Garage, Scarborough

Engines of the M.V. Coronia
The ship was based (on and off) in Scarborough between 1935 and 1968 when the ship was sold on. From 1968 to 1974 the ship was renamed Bournemouth Queen and from 1974 to 1982 Queen of Scots under the ownership of Sir Robert McAlpine.
In 1982 she was sold on again to become Rochester Queen at which time the engines were removed for display at the Science Museum in London. The ship now forms the floating base for the Medway Yacht club.
Further details here:
www.simplonpc.co.uk/Scarborough_Coronia-1.html

author
Created on
Created
Tags
Visits
453
Miscellaneous
Who can see this photo?